Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: E30 Henna Red 323i

Administrator
    Few jobs done today - got the idle valve fitted within a minute, its nice to have simple job to start off with -

Tried lifting off the throttle abruptly a few times, which previously caused it to stall, or almost stall, and it was fine. Has hopefully resolved the issue.

Also fitted the new level sender unit into the fuel tank - which was another relatively easy task.

Bought a new old stock fuel gauge from Germany a few months back and decided to fit it - its marked for a 55l tank whereas mine is 60l - looks like its working, but I'm running low on fuel - so will need to wait until my next refill to tell.

Just saw this is up for sale!

Did you get to a point where you only had the time to give one car the level of attention it needed and the E36 won out? If I had the money, I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ian-909 View Post
    Did you get to a point where you only had the time to give one car the level of attention it needed and the E36 won out? If I had the money, I'd buy this in a heartbeat.
    Thats kind of it - this still needs a significant outlay to get it right. Paint won't be cheap, and it needs a few other bits - medium cased diff for a start. Have an offer in on a property at the moment, so the extra cash would come in handy.

Won't be too disappointed if it doesn't shift - but we'l see what happens!

Administrator
    And.............its sold.

2 years ago today Ken I bought this and funny I just registered on this site today also and seen this. I love this car and only took it out for proper this summer last night, haven't done a whole pile to it bar a few bits that needed fixing. I have yet to repaint but this is on my to do list

Administrator
    Saw the 2 year notification yesterday on facebook - didn't think it was that long! Of all the cars I've ever had, its the one that got the most attention - used to have people waving on the motorway (including a couple of pensioners one day!) and thumbs up wherever you went. Still looks great in the photos - new paint will definitely complete it, it has the right engine anyway!

Ah Ken you just burst my bubble and there was me thinking it was my good looks was why everyone was giving me the thumbs up . Yep happens me all the time when I take it out . Paint is next on the list it really will transform the car. My plan is to go for the same colour just need to get it matched up

Administrator
    All the dead photo links are updated now!